How To Get Yarn From Old Sweaters


Recycling a sweater for yarn
Unraveled Sweater by My Virtual Sanity

Most of us have a jumper hanging in our wardrobe that we no longer wear because it's misshapen, looks worn or simply doesnt appeal to us any longer and though we don't wear this garment, we just can't seem to get rid of it.

Thanks to Pinterest and Dawn Prickett of My Virtual Sanity I've found a nifty way to put that old jumper to good use, and save money at the same time. It involves unraveling the yarn and using it to knit another piece.

However, if unlike me you don't have an old jumper,  you can do as the original blogger does and check out the offerings of charity shops. This is a great idea as not only are you saving money on yarn, you're also giving towards a good cause.
Click the link to check it out.

Recycling Sweaters for Yarn

I will definitely give this ago, what other methods do you know of for reusing yarn from knitted or crocheted garments?


Comments