3 in 1 Sweater: An Update


I've come to the realisation that a lot of my post are either about recipes or my own patterns. I don't have a lot of post about my current WIP's. I always have the intention of doing this but most of the time I get so carried away with the actual making.

At the moment I have two main WIP's a top for myself and a cardigan for Little Miss U. I briefly mentioned the 3 in 1 top by Atelier Alfa, in a previous post. This top is knitted in one piece but looks like three layered tops (check it out it looks great).



It involves short rows, something I've never attempted before. At first it was a little confusing, but now that I'm on the third section I'm beginning to get into the groove of things.

For the third section (main body), I'll be working in alternating green and grey stripes. This may change to a solid green once I reach the button section.

So far it looks like it may be a little big, but it's hard to tell as the finished top isn't supposed to be fitted. I'll have to continue in faith, hoping that it does fit and that my chosen colours work together.

Right now I'm casting on the stitches for the third section. To be honest, I've been casting on these stitches for the past two weeks, but I'm determined to try and get it finished before the end of the year.

The cardigan I'm making for little miss u is designed by Louise Tilbrook, it's so easy to customise. I've got one sleeve left to do, but I'll talk about this more in another post.

Comments